And now for something completely different:
Since so many people asked for the recipe, here goes: this is my mum’s recipe, which makes me extra proud as it has turned out to be an amazing feast whenever I made it.As you can see from the picture, this is how much pizza this recipe makes, so feel free to adjust 🙂
- 300 g quark (normally located in the soft cheese aisle as 250g packs)
- 12 TBSP milk
- 12 TBSP olive oil (plus extra if dough is too dry while mixing)
- pinch of salt
- 600 g strong flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sift the flour into a bowl or (preferably) mixer; add half the flour, then add half the Quark, milk, baking powder and oil, add the rest (makes it easier to mix then)
- Mix everything, adding more oil if the dough is still a bit stringy or doesn’t easily form into a ball. It doesn’t matter how much more oil you use, at the end of the day you’ll be using less for the tray or whatever you’ll be using to bake the dough
- Place the dough into tin foil and into the fridge for at least 20 minutes before reusing it again.
If you want a bit more of a kick to the dough, just add 2 tbsp of crushed Rosemary and Oregano to the dough, and instead of just olive oil replace the 12 TBSP with 8 TBSP of olive oil and 4 TBSP of infused olive oil (e.g. chilli oil, garlic oil, basil oil, etc).