Great times! We launched the new version of the Transformers Universe website yesterday, and it is looking fantastic. From the splash page over to the new game info and downloads page – just have a look yourselves, I’m sure you’ll like it
Good times! The Facebook game Carnage Racing is now available on iOS!
Carnage Racing combines racing, stunt driving, explosive combat and real-time, eight-way online multiplayer into a single adrenaline-fuelled package to satisfy every kind of car-racing fan. Take on the rest of the world with Carnage Racing’s exhilarating 8-way real-time multiplayer mode and show them who really rules the road.
Developed by Jagex Games Studios’ California office, Carnage Racing is a high-stakes game with one aim – take out your opponents, earn cash and buy upgrades that’ll power you to global victory. Get ready for the race of your life.
- Unique Gameplay – Carnage Racing is like no other racing game you’ve ever played, blending racing, strategy, combat and stunt driving into one unbeatable mix.
- Multiplayer Mayhem – Show them who’s boss by taking on your friends, or players from around the world with 8 way real-time multiplayer over Wi-Fi & 3G.
- Amazing 3D Graphics – Blistering graphics create an amazing feeling of speed and immersion that places you right in the heart of the action so that you see and feel every bump, smash, barrel roll and explosion.
- Unique Race Tracks – Prove your skills in 21 races set across 3 tropical island race tracks, each of which is packed with ramps, boosts, pick-ups, and hundreds of alternative routes. Fill up your Phase Shift Meter and open up endless gameplay possibilities by using the Island’s mysterious warp portals to give you that extra edge.
- Crusin’ Baby! – Whether you’re a gun lover, speed freak or air lovin’ trickster, we’ve got a vehicle for you. Dominate the track with 8 vehicles across 3 classes – from the gun-totin’, armour-plated “Destroyer” to the breakneck-fast “Speedster” and the nimble “Trickster” that can pull off ever more daring flips, spins and rolls.
- Total Annihilation – Blast your enemies off the track with an incredible array of upgradeable weapons – including flamethrower, time bombs, decoys missiles, road sludge and energy drain.
- Pimp your Ride – Spend your well-earned cash to make your car go higher, faster and even warp further with a host of performance upgrades. Make your mark and beef up your ride’s looks with a hot new paint job, go faster stripes or even some flamin’ decals up the sides.
- Super Intuitive Controls – A range of control methods makes Carnage Racing incredibly easy to pick up and play.
Happy Friday everyone! What better way to start the weekend than looking for a talented website developer to join my team here in Cambridge!
Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent Online Games Studio, is looking for a talented Senior Website Developer to join my team! We are currently going through an exciting phase, with multiple titles in development in addition to third party publishing opportunities, and as such we are looking to expand the Web Development team to cope with this increasing demand.
Working with industry standard web languages alongside our in-house technology, in close partnership with our team of designers and back-end programmers, you will be responsible for the development of the front end of our public-facing websites.
Key Duties Include:
- Constructing high quality websites from supplied designs whilst utilising modern methods such as HTML5 & CSS3
- Working closely with our programming team to create interfaces to match existing site design
- Maintaining and supporting current websites, products and applications
- Management and mentoring of the website development team
- Standards compliant, accessible website coding in HTML/CSS by hand
- Able to demonstrate good functionality and usability through current online portfolios / sites (should be examples of work, not solely Flash based)
- A good working knowledge of Photoshop CS
- The ability to create and enhance user interfaces through the careful use of scripting
- Emphasis on user friendly and accessible sites that work in all modern browsers
- Experience managing a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with very high-traffic, bandwidth optimised sites
- Experience with Firebug, server side scripting (eg, PHP, ASP), CSS frameworks all beneficial
- Degree level education in a relevant subject or commercial experience in the web dev sector
- Editorial or writing experience
- Portfolio of well-crafted commercial websites
- Understanding of Thymeleaf or Freemarker
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding developer, with commercial experience and a deep understanding of usability and end-user experience, to forge an exciting career within our hugely successful, world-leading games studio.
Don’t know what life at Jagex is like? Have a look:
Once again, click here to apply
Today marks the launch RuneScape 3, the biggest update in RuneScape’s history. And after the Transformers Universe Closed Beta launch in December the second biggest launch for me here at Jagex!
With a brand new age in technology, gameplay and story now the player must drive the future of Gielinor and leave their mark on RuneScape’s 6th Age. The changes in a bit more detail:
- HTML5 game client: The next generation of RS3 brings a big step up in visual quality with improving lighting, draw distance and colour, loading into your browser in moments, without the need for plug-ins or Java.
- New audio engine: High-fidelity audio and music, featuring full orchestral pieces written by BAFTA Award winner James Hannigan and played by the Slovak Symphony Orchestra.
- Seasonal high scores: Compete against your friends and the rest of the RuneScape community to rank on weekly and monthly leaderboards.
- Dawn of the Sixth Age: The gods of RuneScape are returning. Entrusted as World Guardians, players have the power to decide which gods will win and lose in their struggles for supremacy.
- The Battle for Lumbridge: An epic-scale world event which will shake the foundations of Gielinor, and one which is driven entirely by your actions. Week by week, your choices will shape the flow of battle and the fate of characters, locations and stories, and the ultimate outcome will set the course for RuneScape’s future.
- New Interface System: Designed for ease of use and massive depth of customisation, the NIS lets you quickly change RuneScape’s UI according to your play style at any given moment. It also includes feature upgrades such as key binding and a resizable minimap to put even more choice at your fingertips.
- Upgraded camera: Overhauled and updated, a new in-game camera gives you the freedom to view Gielinor like never before.
- New community website: Customise your community experience to your specifications, with a new easy-to-navigate website focused on your needs.
- Divination: Prepare to unlock divine powers from your surroundings with a new skill for RuneScape 3, arriving a few weeks after launch.
Many teams across Jagex have spent months reaching this monumental point bringing players the best browser experience possible.
Very excited about this! The new Arkham Origins Trailer has just been released!
A bit of background, the game’s main storyline is set several years before that of 2009′s Batman: Arkham Asylum and follows a younger and less refined Batman who becomes the target of assassins on Christmas Eve. We know that the game will feature Joker, Deathstroke, Anarky, Alberto Falcone, the Penguin, Bane, Deadshot, and probably a lot more! Plus we have Alfred and Robin (and I’m hoping Catwoman). And of course, Kevin Conroy is back for the voice of Batman!
Now, without much further ado:
Are you excited?
After having played a bit of Metro: Last Light, I decided to give Reus a try. The first 40 minutes of gameplay of the Indie game Reus. I really liked the idea of a semi-Populous, semi-Black & White game in which you control your civilizations through wonders, gifts and other means. This is what it looks like:
Running on an i7 @ 2.66GHz, 12GB RAM and a GTX 580 @ 1920×1200, all details on high / very high. Recorded using DXtory.
In Reus, you control powerful giants that help you shape the planet to your will. You can create mountains and oceans, forests and more. Enrich your planet with plants, minerals and animal life. There is only one thing on the planet that you do not control: mankind, with all their virtues and and all their vices. You can shape their world, but not their will. Provide for them and they may thrive. Give them too much, and their greed may gain the upper hand.
Developer: Abbey Games
Publisher: Abbey Games
Release Date: 16 May 2013
After playing a bit of Metro: Last Ligt I decided to record some of the initial gameplay. This is the intro and training sequence of the game. Spoiler free (you should have played the first one though):
This is running smoothly on an i7 @ 2.66GHz, 12GB RAM and a GTX 580 @ 1920×1200, all details on high / very high, 4x AF. Recorded using DXtory.
About Metro: Last Light:
Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside — and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above.
But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.
As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival — the last light in our darkest hour…
Developer: 4A Games
Publisher: Deep Silver
Release Date: 16 May 2013
Buy it on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/43160/